Blog 2.5
June 26, 2014
I am really enjoying this course and our text Curriculum 21. I am impressed with the amount of thought and reflection she must have given before and while writing this book. The technology piece has been an uphill battle. I learn how to use a Kindle and install Kindle software on my laptop and Samsung Tablet. I have not used Moodle in several years. This new version has a lot of new features. However, it is taking some time to get use to. I am also using Google apps such as this blog for the first time.
Technology can be a great thing, once you are comfortable with it! I know taking this course will push you out of your comfort zone, but in a good way!
ReplyDeleteOne of the main reasons I am taking this course is to force my brain into focusing on curriculum development---the summer really puts me in a different space educationally because so much maintenance and logistics need to be done, it is hard to focus on the REAL reason I am in education.
I look forward to hearing more about your thoughts on the textbook--it has already got me thinking about how I am going to organize my staff development next year.
We are using so much technology in this curriculum course for one very good reason! In 2014 there is no way we could not use technology because that is how the world accesses information and the tools available to us online are how we conduct business. We are past the point where we are talking about integrating tech into the curriculum...it is all one and the same.
ReplyDeleteI am also learning along the way. But, I think that learning all this new technology will be very helpful in my classroom. I can incorporate more technology into my lessons besides an education game on the Ipads or doing research on the laptops.
ReplyDeleteI also enjoy the book. It really makes you think about the way we are doing things in our schools like the way we teach a lesson, give assessments, etc.